This guide serves as the go-to guide for new person onboarding to the Fantom Community. If you do not know Fantom and want to learn visit our Why Fantom thread.
- Bringing your assets from other exchanges
- Exchanges to familiarize yourself with
- Setting up your MetaMask Wallet
- Using your first Fantom-based project
Bringing your assets from other exchanges
There are many cross-chain solutions in place to bring your assets over to the Fantom Metaverse — which one you should use depends on what assets you seek to bring over. The most popular cross-chain solutions are Anyswap, Multichain, and xPollinate. It is most recommended you bridge stables as exit liquidity is usually always available! Thanks to SpookySwap for the Fantom conscious bridge interface, so make sure you visit https://spookyswap.finance/bridge! xPollinate will be added eventually, but for now bridge Matic assets directly through their site!
Exchanges to familiarize yourself with
- Binance - Guide
- Bitfinex - Guide
- OKEx - Guide
- Kucoin - Guide - ONLY ERC20 Withdrawal
- Gemini - Guide - ONLY ERC20 Withdrawal
- Cryptocom - Guide ONLY ERC20 Withdrawal
- iDex - ONLY ERC20 Withdrawal
Transak Fiat-On Ramp
Convert ERC-20 Fantom into Mainnet Fantom at no cost - https://coinspot.com.au/ will let you deposit FTM from any network and withdraw to Mainnet!
Fantom (FTM) Crypto Exchange
Users can buy FTM on ChangeNOW for one of 170+ cryptocurrencies or for 18 fiat currencies:
- Pick FTM as the “You get” currency above
- Choose crypto or fiat to buy FTM with
- Enter your Fantom wallet address
- Send your deposit to a one-time address
- Receive your exchanged coins in 5 mins!
Setting up your MetaMask Wallet
In order to connect to the Fantom Blockchain, you'll need to configure your wallet with the Fantom RPC. Here is a guide on to do so, but instead of https://rpcapi.fantom.network use https://rpc.ftm.tools/ instead. Or conveniently connect your wallet to https://spookyswap.finance/ and it will set up the Fantom Mainnet for you with the correct RPC https://rpc.ftm.tools/ (RPC balancer).
you can always check on RPCs directly on https://rpc.ftm.tools/ website
When done your Metamask should look like this:
Using your first Fantom-based project
As a courtesy, we've included a few guides to staff-picked best beginner projects. We recommend getting started with one of these dApps to break into the entry barrier.
Other Useful Guides
Check out our Verified Projects and Unverified Project lists to learn about Fantom projects.